For this massive Tebow Billboard that has popped up in Denver.
And it may be the crazy Teboner fans that love this board and everything Timmy, but you know what it really means? We are getting closer to Tebow Time!!! I am guessing that "Orton-Hears-A-Boo" plays the entire game against the Packers this weekend. He will fail to execute in the red zone, move in the pocket, and slide when it is unnecessary. Pretty-Boy-Brady will continue to do the full splits for warm up and perhaps step on field for a play or two. But then....I say it is Tebow Time. And hopefully he will have some magical moments on October 9th when I will be present at
Invesco Sport Authority at Mile High so that we can give each other air hugs, good luck winks, and even a slap on the butt. Because that's what football players do right??? Perhaps only in my dreams.
Oh Heeeyyyy Kat! Wish me luck today! wink wink. This one is for you ;)
This morning, I definitely need some extra motivation from my grande latte and the girls at Soul II Soul as they sing Back to Life to bring me back to business. Gator Guy and I had an amazing time in Mexico eating lots of great food, lots of laughs with our neighbors, lots of drinks, and of course...lots of air guitar. Pictures and video to come!!
This weekend, Gator Guy and I celebrated our Anniversary. Six years since we said the big "I Dos" and Twelve years since our very first date. Awww....I know...we are uber cute (and cheesy). We spent the night eating lots of sushi, going to comedy works, stopping by a local bar for a night cap, and then a dance party for two back at our place. It is by far my favorite thing to do...Dance Party.
So in honor of our 12 Amazing years, here's 12 facts about Kat & Gator Guy:
- Our first date was to see the movie, "For the Love of the Game". I was a Senior and Gator guy was a Jr. I snatched him up nice & young ;)
- Our wedding song was Nora Jones - Come Away With Me...but our True Wedding song is Al Green - Let's Stay Together. When we practiced our first dance, we just couldn't get the beat down, so we changed to good ol Nora.
- Gator Guy massages my back at least 4 times per week. Ah-mazing.
- We first said "I Love You" by sending **143 to our pagers. Yes...Pagers.
- We order Chinese food every year for Valentine's day.
- Our reception was at Mile Migh, I wore a Bronco garter, and we went the Bronco Game the day after....Can you say, Super Fans???
- WAY before McDreamy came along we called each other McPerfect and McSexy. I still to this day write cards to my McPerfect.
- I went back to Gator Guy's prom as a college Freshman. Pretty damn cool I must say. (Yeah...not really. But anything for my man, right??)
- We have only played on the same beer pong team once. Once. If it is up to us, we prefer to play on opposite teams every game night.
- We go to bed at the same time...every night.
- We secretly compete at everything (see #9)...We even compete with who brushes their teeth the longest. (Dr. Taylor would be so proud).
- In high school, I would always buy Gator Guy orange and green TicTacs because I thought that was the Gator colors. It wasn't until well into our first year of dating that I figured it out. So embarrassing to admit at this point in my Gator Fan Lifehood.
I love finding a new song. Not necessarily new to the FM waves, but new to my iPod. I plan to repeat this jam of perfection multiple times this weekend and at our BBQ tonight...because we are gonna have a good day!!
Today is like Christmas. Like the first day of school. I have pure excitement for two things that make a season debut in my life on this day.
1. The NFL Baby - First game tonight Saints vs Packers. Brees vs Rogers. Soul vs. Title Town. Going to be a fantastic game. And I can't wait to see how my fantasy teams will do on this first week.
Tip for the night --> Keep an eye on Mark Ingram as the Saints' spotlight rookie this year. He was the 28th pick of the draft and is an absolute workhorse.
Fact for the night --> The season kickoff game has been on the Thursday after Labor Day since 2002, and since 2004 the defending Super Bowl Champs (Packers this year) host the opening game. Looks like a tradition worth keeping!
2. Pumpkin Spice Latte - I just enjoyed my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. This is my favorite sugar-infested-but-I-just-can't-resist coffee drink, and there are times I wish it was available all year long!
So please help me Bring em Out T.I. Bring out those QBs, Linebackers, and foamy lattes. Because this is the best time of the year!!
Sing it Mariah!!! Tonight was my first Fantasy Draft of the season. It was quite the rush I must say as my heart was racing the entire time...I know, I get total dork points for saying that one and Gator Guy totally made fun of me all night. But I actually did my homework this year and wanted to make sure my team is ready to kick some ass.
Overall, I think I did pretty good. I totally took a risk with Fosters with his complete injury package and made a complete impulse pick with Marcedes Lewis (good guy, but on my homework spreadsheet I had him on my DO NOT DRAFT list). But I am pretty pumped with Sidney Rice, Greg Jennings, and Felix Jones (who is going to be sick this year!!)
I am also most pleased with my hidden boys Little and Helu. They are not up there in the ranks (yet), and so I am excited to see them take off this year and make me proud.
Oh and I just couldn't resist a little Gator Love. Hernandez...Welcome to Kat's kick ass team!!!
Its that time of year...When our Saturday mornings include making breakfast, drinking coffee, and watching College GameDay!! It just completes my weekend and officially kicks off the start of Fall (minus the 90 plus degree weather we are having here in Denver).
But GameDay has it all. Stats, predictions, highlights, and then even those heartfelt stories that just get ya. In fact, some of my most homornal pregnant moments involved Herbstreit and gang such as my Tears for JoePa which you can read here.
And on this beautiful Saturday, we are ordering our new Gator Gear for the whole fam. Gator Guy picked this nice performance shirt:
HOWEVER, they are sold out. So help me pick my second choice. I am leaning toward a long sleeve, but willing to adjust. Which is your favorite???