Ready.....Cue the music:
My favorite Halloween Costumes:
1. Mary - There's Something About
Mary Kat. Talk about the easiest costume ever. Just need a little hairspray and there we go.
2. Madusa - I was kind of like Lindsey in Mean Girls. Not really the sexy girl costume, but still a good one! (And yes, those were my college roommates dressed as nerds. We were quite the trio)
3. Madonna with Cone Boobs - I couldn't find a picture from this one. I will say that was yet another crazy college night. But it really did look something like this:
4. Bald Britney - My all time favorite, Britney. Remember when Britney went crazy and shaved her head...
Well, that was my costume and I loved it.
However...I think I also could have passed as Smeagol from Lord of the Rings.
- The Story - Brandi Carlile (I love this song for many reasons. One, it is just a beautiful song. But two, it was the very song that ESPN played during a story about Joe Paterno that brought on the pregnancy water works in an instant. I heart you, Papa Joe)
- Glory Days - Bruce Sprinsteen (Just who isn't living or reminiscing their glory days?!?)
- We're Young and Beautiful - Carrie Underwood (Gator Guy has a major crush on Carrie Underwood, as any man should. And for some reason this is the song that I really believe I can sound just like her. Only in my own world, but still...it makes me just want to Belt it out.)
- Hook - Blues Traveler (Every time we hear this song, Gator Guy just has to say, "Damn this is a good song." So why now listen to the Damn Good Song first thing in the morning)
- It's Alright - Big Head Todd and the Monsters (Well because....it's alright)
- Down on the Corner - Creedence Clearwater Revival (Obviously any day is a good day when you can start it out with a little CCR)
- Vision of Love - Mariah Carey (Don't you just miss the old days when Mariah could rock the high notes? Because I sure do)
- Suspicious Minds - Elvis (I love Elvis. And this song is just enough Elvis to listen to that won't cause me to get up and shake my hips.)
- Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson (MJ totally had to listen to this first thing in the morning.)
- Kandi - One eskimO (Can't you just picture it?? Stage just like MTV's Unplugged and I am the one singing, "he called me babe"...and playing the tamborine)
- Bright Side of the Road - Van Morrison (Van is the Man. Enough said)
- Raindrops from the Sun - Imani Coppola (I imagine myself in a commerical for this one, perhaps drinking a light beer with butterflies and rainbows everywhere.)
- Ok, It's Alright With Me - Eric Hutchinson (Love this guy. He makes me want to seize the day)
- Stuck in the Middle With You - Steelers Wheel ("Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, Here I am." I can't help but laugh at this one and think of the Dude and Gal sitting next to me.)
- Juciy - Better Than Ezra (Because you have to end the train ride with a good theme song for the day. Today, this was it. It is on my movie sound track as I strut up to the office.)
As I was heading last Friday to meet my dearest e at the park for some play time with our little ones, I received this text:
1. Shave Ice - We were definitely shocked to hear that our good friends that now live on Oahu have not had shaved ice yet. I mean, its like not having popcorn at the movies, a beer at the game, or shots at the Monday morning meeting.
Aoki's and Matsumoto's on Oahu and Annie's on Maui...all Damn Good.
6. Plantation House Restaurant - Even if you don't golf, you have to appreciate this view. Wowzers! Plus, this place has the best damn crab cake eggs benedict you will ever have. The Food Network channel (and Kat) say so!
Don't worry, no V-cards were taken today. At least none that I am aware of. But today I witnessed something so freaking great. Something that made me scream, get a little light headed, and possibly pee my pants a little. That's right, I saw Tebow score his first NFL Touch Down.
love you on Mike & Mike, but your J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets....S-U-C-K, Suck, Suck, Suck.
PS. Thanks my Dearest A for taking me to the game. I miss you dearly. xoxo, Kat
|Sadly I turned down the water camera, but this is just what it was like|
4. The North Shore - There is just something about the North Shore on Oahu. Surfers. Slow pace. Surfers. Dole Pineapple. Surfers. Wiamea Bay was the first beach that we hit up on our trip and it was the best. Beautiful waves.
|Our view from our room|
|Mahalo Hawaii. Mahalo.|