Broncos in the Playoffs Baby!!!! And I could not be more excited. This is the first time I am also not regretting going to the game because it is currently 1 degree. ONE. No Thank You. I shall be watching the Mile High Magic from the comfort of our home with food and friends.
A slight obsessed part of me wishes I had an event to wear these shoes to.
I don't know if I have ever been a big New Year Resolutions kind of gal. One year I tried to set one goal per month hoping that within the 30 days that goal would become habit. Some of them worked out. But I never made it through the entire year. This year, I think I will follow lead from My Dearest E and set some "focus points". At first, I felt like this is giving me an out by only "focusing" on it, but maybe it will just be my trick. Plus, posting it here for me and the 4 other people that read this blog will keep me in check ;)
- Balance - Wow does this one cover a lot. I am really always "All In". In fact, coworkers now call me "A.I." because I am "All In". For the most part, I think this is my strength. However, when I am "All In" for one area, I am not nearly as in as I should be in other areas. I need balance at work, home, social life....and even on the yoga mat!
- Be Here Now - I even have this sign in my classroom and perhaps I should have it with me always. I ask my students to Be Here Now, but when it comes to at home time, I am All Freaking Over the Place. I am on my phone, iPad, computer, and just pure scatterbrain.
- Plan -Traditionally, I am a super planner. However, when I am "All In" and planning my first year of teaching like crazy, I slipped big time on planning my personal life. I even missed a baby shower because I just forgot to write down the date or save the invitation. (Kel - We still owe you dinner...once you are settled and we can come cuddle that baby!!) Every week I have the intention of planning out my outfits and meals. And when I do...smooth sailing...when I don't --> Stress monster!
- Make Those Moments - It kind of contradicts my planning focus, but maybe it is more of a tiny plan. Sometimes, the best nights are those last minute plans when we order pizza, have drinks with friends, and just laugh the night away. We are all busy, and so I need to remember that the spontaneous little moments are some times the best.
- Gratitude - I would like to think I am polite and thankful person, however, I do not say it enough. Again, My Dearest E is a pro at sending out thank you cards. I am NOT. And I hope to become better. There is just something special about getting mail that is not a bill or junk and read that personal message.
- Love My Day - I can't tell you enough how much I love teaching. Since day one this year, I know that this is what I was meant to do. I know I am still in the honeymoon phase, but it feels soooo good to actually love my job and open or close my class door every day with a smile on my face. Yes, at times it is busy and stressful, so it is important to remember those moments each day that my students make me smile.
- Be a Better Wife - Yes, I copied this one directly from My Dearest E too. Gator Guy has truly been there for every moment during this crazy year of change, and I need to remember to thank him. Thank him with more date nights, movies on the couch (without grading), more games in the basement and more kisses!!
- Be a Better Friend - Again, because I have been a bit scattered there are friends that I do not talk to as much any more. My girlfriends are truly amazing and I know that they are always there for me no matter how much time has passed. But I forget how great a simple phone call to or from one of them can brighten my day and get me back on track.
Here's to an awesome 2013!!
- New Career. Leaving one career for another is scary. But I could not be more happy
- Full Time Gig - And in that new career...I successfully finished student teaching and SCORED a full time J-O-B at my Dream School.
- New House. We even moved during the first week of school in August. YIKES!!!
- Mr. T started Preschool. Whoa...my baby boy is all grown up and it still catches me off guard when he walks away sometimes.
- Gator Guy's Job excels. Seriously, I am proud of that man every day for who he has become. (PS...it is his birthday!!! Happy Birthday Bubby!!)
- New Car. It was the first time we have bought a brand new car. Seriously in love. My favorite part...having sweet speakers now to jam it out!!!
- Trip to CA. Took Mr. T to San Diego and Disneyland. I still day dream about how great that trip was.
- Completion of my first semester. I know I keep mentioning this first year of teaching, but everyone said it would be tough and holy crap were they right. However, I think of it like a good work out - it kicked my ass, but I loved every moment of it as it is my passion and something that will change me forever. :)
Thanks for being so great 2012 and for hanging in there during all the craziness!!!
I have previously mentioned that Mr. T suffers from GAFT. Yes, the God Awful F*cking Threes. I know this sounds harsh, but for anyone that had a smooth sailing "Terrible Two's", I believe GAFT is more accurate for the third year. However, just today, I believe that I can proudly say that Mr. T. has fully recovered.
My evidence --> He completely put himself to bed. Now this doesn't sound like a big task, but for a three year old, especially mine, taking his day nap is the end of the world. It is a battle every day and he cries every time about how much he does not like or does not need his "day-naps". All I can think and say back is....Oh honey...you need it. The best scenario is if I can bribe him with him seeing his Little Buddy Paul once he gets up. See...they are too cute and I'm sure that bribe would work on anyone, however, it is not possible every time.
But today, as I was putting clothes away in my closet....I heard his music start up. I just assumed that because he was so darn quiet that he was surely getting into something. When I walked in....he had tucked himself in and was already asleep. Seriously. Asleep. All on his own!!! GAFT is no longer. I might be jinxing myself here, but this is a huge step in our little word.
Another milestone worth mentioning...he can now wipe his own ass. Yes. For parents, this is a huge milestone. Better write that one down in the baby book. 1/3/13 = Can wipe his own ass and put himself to sleep. Big day.