- Balance - Wow does this one cover a lot. I am really always "All In". In fact, coworkers now call me "A.I." because I am "All In". For the most part, I think this is my strength. However, when I am "All In" for one area, I am not nearly as in as I should be in other areas. I need balance at work, home, social life....and even on the yoga mat!
- Be Here Now - I even have this sign in my classroom and perhaps I should have it with me always. I ask my students to Be Here Now, but when it comes to at home time, I am All Freaking Over the Place. I am on my phone, iPad, computer, and just pure scatterbrain.
- Plan -Traditionally, I am a super planner. However, when I am "All In" and planning my first year of teaching like crazy, I slipped big time on planning my personal life. I even missed a baby shower because I just forgot to write down the date or save the invitation. (Kel - We still owe you dinner...once you are settled and we can come cuddle that baby!!) Every week I have the intention of planning out my outfits and meals. And when I do...smooth sailing...when I don't --> Stress monster!
- Make Those Moments - It kind of contradicts my planning focus, but maybe it is more of a tiny plan. Sometimes, the best nights are those last minute plans when we order pizza, have drinks with friends, and just laugh the night away. We are all busy, and so I need to remember that the spontaneous little moments are some times the best.
- Gratitude - I would like to think I am polite and thankful person, however, I do not say it enough. Again, My Dearest E is a pro at sending out thank you cards. I am NOT. And I hope to become better. There is just something special about getting mail that is not a bill or junk and read that personal message.
- Love My Day - I can't tell you enough how much I love teaching. Since day one this year, I know that this is what I was meant to do. I know I am still in the honeymoon phase, but it feels soooo good to actually love my job and open or close my class door every day with a smile on my face. Yes, at times it is busy and stressful, so it is important to remember those moments each day that my students make me smile.
- Be a Better Wife - Yes, I copied this one directly from My Dearest E too. Gator Guy has truly been there for every moment during this crazy year of change, and I need to remember to thank him. Thank him with more date nights, movies on the couch (without grading), more games in the basement and more kisses!!
- Be a Better Friend - Again, because I have been a bit scattered there are friends that I do not talk to as much any more. My girlfriends are truly amazing and I know that they are always there for me no matter how much time has passed. But I forget how great a simple phone call to or from one of them can brighten my day and get me back on track.
Posted in: Life Changing on Saturday, January 5, 2013 at