At the time 3 months rolled around, I was back at work and trying to balance it all. There were many days when I thought How the hell am I going to do ALL of this. But as I said during The Shed: Months 0-3, you just have to make the time. So here's what I made the time for:
1. Boot Camp - There's a class at our local rec center with Jillian Michaels' missing twin as the trainer. It's 60 minutes of basically just kicking your ass. And so, I got my game face on twice a week and my results really paid off!
2. Lose It iPhone App - So I love to track things. Write things down. See my progress. So when I found the Lose It application on my beloved iPhone, I fell in L-O-V-E. Every day I logged what I ate and just what exercise I did to get my butt off the couch. More than anything, this app taught me about how to eat right. Yes, I still splurg on Cold Stone, Burgers, and Bagels. But I know to not have that all in one day. And I now know what unnecessary extras to cut out.
For example - Oil and Vinegar at Subway. Cut out that oil. Has way too many calories, and realistically all I really want is the flavor of the vinegar.
3. Get On the Road Again - Just like Forrest Gump, I got back out on the road again. and I was ruuuuunnnning! It was a slow start and I could barely run 2 laps around the track to begin with. But I stayed with it and now completely back on track.
4. Drink Lots of Water - Come on...Let's all be SMART about it. You know its cool to drink water!
6. Get Your Groove Back - I'm sure Gator Guy would tell you that there was endless complaining when it came to my body and the bread dough belly. For me, overcoming this was a huge obstacle. I needed to take advantage of each step forward and reward myself. When I completed a good work out week - I bought myself a new iTunes song. When I finally squeezed that Boo-Tay into a smaller pair of pants, I got a cute new top to go with it. And when possible, I rocked it just like any other rock star would. Confidence can really go a long way!
7. Its the Final Countdown - I am all about setting Gooooals. And so once I realized that Dec 20th would mark 9 months post baby...I knew it was time to get my game face on. I'm that girl that works great under pressure, and I knew that I wanted to lose all 50 lbs in 9 months. And so, in the words of my once Scottish Track Coach - Balls Out Kathy, Balls Out. And so, I finally did it and lost all 50 lbs and now I am just on track to keep it off!