I have pondered all week about this. Just what do I say to you? Do I include explicit language? Do I just say, "I told you so"? Do I feel grateful that I once asked if you were a fat kid and made you carry my purse? Or do I just simply laugh....along with the rest of the nation? Decisions, decisions.
However, I think the tweets and pictures say it all.
I have to admit Jay, I find pure joy watching your failure. I experience moments of giddiness when I come across one of these gem pictures and know that there are so many others that think and laugh like me.
I have loved listening to Mike & Mike and The Drive as they dissect your pouty face expressions, lack of knee brace, and poor leadership.
So now, let's take a look at some of the tweets & comments out there:
- Alfred Williams, Fmr Bronco, co-host on The Drive - "The game was just too big for Cutler. Just too Big."
- Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars RB - "All I'm saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee... I played the whole season on one...
- Ross Tucker, Frm Redskin, Brown, Patriot, etc. - "I've hurt my knee playing football 4 times. Never once did I then stand up on sidelines afterwards."
- Anthony Armstrong, Redskins WR - "Knee-gate in Chicago"
- Darnell Dockett, Cardinals DL - "If I'm on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!"
- Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars RB - "Hey I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now...Whtn the going get tough...QUIT" (I love the fact this is a Cutler insult...however, I ignore that it also bashes my beloved Meyer.)
- Mark Schlereth, Frm Bronco, co-host The Drive and ESPN - "As a guy who had 20 knee surgeries you'd have to drag me out on a stretcher to Leave a championship game!"
- Matt Barnes, Lakers forward - "I can't believe Jay Cutler hasn't even TRYED (sic) to come back.. This is to go to the Super Bowl.. That's crazy"
- Roman Oben, former Giants and Bucs OT - "Jay Cutler must answer the critics about his toughness, or lack there of.."
- Kerry Rhodes, Cardinals safety - "Cmon cutler u have to come back. This is the NFC championship if u didn't know! ... Kerry Rhodes speaks."
- Derrick Brooks, former Buccaneers LB - "HEY there is no medicine for a guy with no guts and heart"
Why do I care Jay? Why did your lack of leadership change the power of Twitter and the Media? Why did your "fans" burn your jersey? Well, because it is just so damn disappointing.
So thank you Cutler. You have made this week very entertaining.
PS - all pictures are courtesy of The Drive's facebook Fans...if you are not one already...Please join!!