No Diggity

So I survived my Ten Year Reunion.  And in fact, better than survived.  Way freaking better.

I was nervous about this one.  I mean, what the heck was I thinking when I agreed to plan this one??  People don't go to reunions any more.  Especially in the world of Facebook.  And so, during the planning process I was constantly nervous that it would be a bust and it would be obvious who put it all together.  There's Kat, that loser that planned our 10 year Reunion.  I was nervous that only 30 people would show up and it would be filled with lame conversations and awkward silence.  There's Kat, that loser that dragged us to this reunion!

But it was not like that at all.  Not even close.  There was no awkward silences and every where I looked, everyone was drinkin it up, havin a good time, and jammin it out to my awesome playlist. 

What Jams were on this awesome playlist you might ask??  Jams like McLyte's - Cold Rock a Party, Big Pun's - I'm Not a Player, Britney's - Hit Me Baby, and BlackStreet's - No Diggity.  

Well....Here's a little sampling:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
So... befriending 200 new friends on facebook and creating obnoxious color coded spreadsheets for the committee was all totally worth it.  And I was seriously overwhelmed by all the Thanks You's and compliments afterwards.   Everyone had a great time and it really did feel great to make it all happen.

I think the best part of the whole event was reconnecting.  But more than just the catching up yadda yadda yadda.  I have become closer to some (especially the committee gals) that I really do consider  good friends now.  Not just classmates....friends. So thanks girls!!  You're the best!

Finally...Here's my advice:  GO TO YOUR FREAKING REUNION.  I don't care if you have spent the last 10 or 20 years trying to disconnect yourself from those people, or if you don't think you have that bod to show off just yet.  Just go.  Show up.  And if it is lame, leave after you get your two free drinks.  Because someone out there freaking went through a LOT to plan the damn thing.  So just freaking go.

PS....There are requests for a 15 year reunion.... shall I do it?!?!?

5 comments:

  1. you. are. stunning.
    hottie! Glad you had a good time.

     
  2. YAY you!

    Looks like it was a blast!

     
  3. OK, Kat thank you for reminding me that I am an old bastard. Your playlist is old, but worse is that I was out of school when that was on.

     
  4. Beautiful photos! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

     
  5. Thank you Thank you Thank you!! And That Daddy....not an old bastard. Just maybe a little old...er ;)

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...